In Coupla Guys and Gals Give Back (“C3GB” or “Organization”) we rely on people like you that give your time, efforts and skills to help us achieve our Mission, you are a fundamental part of this organization, and you’re likely going to get into action because of our High Impact Approach into our causes, while we will try to make sure nothing bad happens to you and your colleagues, these actions may involve a risk of injury, that will vary depending on the nature of the program or action, and the actions you’re undertaking to help the need.
What is a Waiver and Release of Liability?
A waiver and release of liability is a written statement by which you fully agree and assume the risks inherent in the activities you will be developing in the organization for the causes and programs in which you’ll partake in, and releases the organization from liabilities for any injuries you might sustain while working in and for the organization.
Why do we have a Waiver and Release of Liability?
The Waiver and release of liability is designed to prevent future legal claims and liabilities against C3GB for which the organization might not be insured, we need to protect our funds and ensure that those funds are used for the Organization’s Mission rather than in defending legal claims brought against us, in case our members try to seek legal compensation all our funds that otherwise will be directed towards helping those in need will go astray and we will not be able to serve those in trouble, and as such the purpose of this organization will divert from its mission, everything we're working for together to bring change in the world will be lost.
Your First Steps in Our Organization
When you start to form part of C3GB, you need to read, understand and acknowledge the digital waiver and release form, prior to the start of any work, program or action we take. While you will give up the right to seek monetary compensation from the organization in turn you’ll get an opportunity to do the best in your community and make an impact into this world, additionally you may be required to sign-in, or acknowledge our partner’s waiver and release forms.
Guests (plus one) and Minors/children
Our organization reserves the right to refuse entry or participation of Guests, plus ones, and/or minors/children a participant or member may bring to the program or events.
We do not allow children or minors registration.
In any case, an adult which has legal guardianship or is the legal representative or tutor of a children or minor must register into our program and as such is fully responsible for their respective representatives, the waiver and release, holds harm and releases the organization of any future claims or any kind of responsibility towards guests and minor/children which a member may be allowed to bring to the events, members must inform the organization through their respective accounts of their intent to bring any guest or minor/children.
If you consider there are too much risks involved into bringing a guest or a minor/children to any of the organization’s events or programs, you alone must make the decisions on behalf of your representative to avoid any such risks. In case you wish to bring a guest or a minor/children to the events and yet still wish to hold our organization accountable for injury or damages among any other aclaims or try to seek any compensation, please DO NOT sign the Waiver and Release form, because you’re waiving your right to pursue any legal action, claim or receive any compensation for your representative. Guests waive their right to seek any compensation or to pursue any legal claim of their own.
Partner Organizations Digital Waivers
Each of our Partner’s associations have different waivers and release form which we will try to provide for you to digitally sign or acknowledge for your convenience; you’re obliged to comply with our Partner's terms to participate in some of our programs and events.
We will ask for your consent to use your digital signature instead of having you physically sign on paper the Release for practical reasons, after consent, you may, upon written request to us, obtain a paper copy of an electronic record, No fee will be charged for such copy and no special hardware or software is required to view it. Your agreement to use an electronic signature with us for any documents will continue until such time as you notify us in writing that you no longer wish to use an electronic signature. There is no penalty for withdrawing your consent. You should always make sure that we have a current email address in order to contact you regarding any changes, if necessary.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY (“RELEASE”) IS A VERY IMPORTANT DOCUMENT. BY REGISTERING OR BECOMING A MEMBER OF OUR ORGANIZATION YOU FULLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS RELEASE IS EFFECTIVE AS OF THE DATE THAT YOU BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR ORGANIZATION AND DIGITALLY SIGN THIS RELEASE AND IS BY “YOU” (“Volunteer”, “Leader”, “Ambassador”) IN FAVOR OF CHANGE THROUGH COMPASSION, INC. D/B/A COUPLA GUYS AND GALS GIVE BACK (“C3GB”), A TRUSTED 501 (C) (3) NON-PROFIT CORPORATION EXISTING AND REGISTERED IN TEXAS UNDER EIN N° 81-1035380 (“Organization”) UNDER THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS YOU REQUEST IN EXCHANGE FOR THE VALUE AND BENEFIT FOR PARTICIPATING IN ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED BY OR ON BEHALF OF C3GB, YOU DESIRE TO PARTICIPATE AS A VOLUNTEER FOR THE ORGANIZATION AND ENGAGE IN ACTIVITIES RELATED TO BEING A VOLUNTEER FOR THE ORGANIZATION’S PROGRAMS AND EVENTS (“ACTIVITIES”).
I HEREBY FREELY, VOLUNTARILY, AND WITHOUT DURESS EXECUTE THIS RELEASE UNDER THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
1. Voluntary Participation. I hereby request that I be accepted as a voluntarily registrant to participate in the charitable activities/events (“Volunteer Events”) organized for the sole purpose of helping those in need, and hereby verify and acknowledge my request, agreement and consent to this complete Release on behalf of myself and any minor/child or guest that I may be allowed to bring to the Volunteer Events (at the Organization’s sole discretion) by checking the box below. I have voluntarily agreed to perform services on behalf of the Organization, strictly as a Volunteer, and not as one of its employees, I am performing such services without being under any express or implied contract for hire, and without receiving any other payment for my services or those of my minor/child other than reimbursement for incidental expenses.
2. Waiver of Employment Claims. I will not hold myself or any minor/child or guest that I may be allowed to bring to the Volunteer events as or claim to be acting in the capacity of an employee, officer, agent, or staff member of the organization, and will not make any claims, demands or applications for any right or privilege which might be claimed, demanded or applied for by a staff member or employee of the organization, including without limitation: workers’ compensation, unemployment insurance, social security, salary bonuses, retirement or any other employment benefit under applicable law, collective bargaining agreement or custom. All rights applicable to the employees of the organization are hereby expressly waived. I agree to indemnify and forever hold harmless the Organization, its staff members, employees, agents, officers, directors and sponsors from and against all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses which may be incurred if I am determined to be an employee or staff member of the organization by any court or governmental agency, including but not limited to: attorney’s fees, employment taxes, fringe benefits and other employment benefits by reason of my voluntary participation as a Volunteer in any activity or event sponsored or authorized by the organization. I also agree to indemnify and forever hold harmless the organization and all of its related organizations, employees, agents, staff members, officers and directors from and against any and all injury, loss, damage, liability, cost, penalty or expense of any kind including but not limited to attorney’s fees which may be incurred by the organization, myself, or any third party, arising out of or resulting from any act or omission on my part while participating as a Volunteer in any event or activity sponsored or authorized by the organization which constitutes gross negligence or intentional, willful or wanton conduct.
3. As used herein, “Volunteer Events” mean any and all activities, events, meetings, or functions sponsored by, held by, affiliated with, associated with, or relating to Change Through Compassion, Inc. d/b/a Coupla Guys and Gals Give Back (“Organization” or “C3GB”) including, without limitation, all actual events, meetings, and activities, and all travel, lodging, and other similar or related events or activities. I and any minor/child I hold legal custody of that I wish to bring to the organization’s activities, will be allowed or has been allowed by C3GB at its sole discretion, to participate in the Volunteer Events, according with Coupla Guys and Gals Give Back’s rules and interpretations, organizational and governing documents, and other applicable requirements.
4. Assumption of the Risk. I understand, and am fully aware, that I, and any minor/child or guest that I may be allowed to bring to the Volunteer Events (at the Organization’s sole discretion) may be voluntarily participating in physical activities and that the potential for accident, injury, or even death does exist. I acknowledge these risks for myself and for any minor/child or guest that I may be allowed to bring. I acknowledge that some of the activities may present certain unforeseen hazards. I understand and acknowledge that Coupla Guys and Gals does not own, control, maintain, or have permission to alter the premises (which are owned by an unrelated third party) where the Volunteer Events are being coordinated, and that Coupla Guys and Gals is not the sponsor, owner, manager, or agent of the Volunteer Events (which is owned by and being conducted by an unrelated third party), and that Coupla Guys and Gals does not and is not allowed to control the conduct of, or access by, from, or with the many other volunteers, participants, recipients, sponsors, and hosts that may also be involved with the Volunteer Events. Despite any known or unforeseen risks, I am voluntarily participating in the Volunteer Events with full knowledge and/or acceptance of any dangers involved, and agree to accept any and all risks of injury or death, and verify these acknowledgements by checking the box below. I further agree to be observant, mindful of my own safety, the safety of any minor/child that I may be allowed to bring to the Volunteer Events, and that of others, and to be responsible for my own actions and conduct and the actions of any minor/child or guest that I may be allowed to bring to the Volunteer Events. I further agree to be personally responsible for and mindful of any preexisting health or medical issues I may have or that any minor/child I bring to the Volunteer Events may have.
5. Release. In consideration of acceptance to Coupla Guys and Gals Give Back activities and the Volunteer Events: I agree that I, my assignees, heirs, distributes, guardians, and legal representatives, and any minor/child or guest that I may be allowed to bring to the Volunteer Events, including his or her heirs, distributes, and/or guardian, will not make a claim against, sue, or attach property on account of injury or damage resulting from negligence, carelessness, or other acts, in whatsoever manner caused, by any employee, or agent, as a result of my, or our (if applicable), participation in the Volunteer Events. I, or we (if applicable), hereby release Coupla Guys And Gals Give Back, its members, staff, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents or assignees from all actions, claims, or demands that I, my assignees, heirs, distributes, guardians, and legal representatives, now have or may hereafter have for injury or damage resulting from my participation in the Volunteer Events, and verify this statement by checking the box below.
6. Indemnity. In consideration of acceptance to Coupla Guys and Gals Give Back activities and the Volunteer Events: I further agree that I Will Indemnify And Hold Harmless Coupla Guys and Gals Give Back, And/Or Its Members, Staff, Officers, Directors, Shareholders, Affiliates, Agents, or Assignees, From Any And All Liability, Claims, Damage, Injury Or Illness Sustained By Me or Members of My Family, and/or Sustained By Any Minor/Child or Guest That I May Be Allowed to Bring to the Volunteer Events.
7. Medical Insurance, Treatment and Emergency. I understand that health, medical, disability or accident insurance coverage is not included or provided for any volunteer. Should I or my family or any minor/child that I may be allowed to bring to the Volunteer Events require medical treatment, medication, or hospital care during or following the Volunteer Events, I shall bear the expenses and will make no attempt to seek or recoup these expenses from Coupla Guys and Gals Give Back, and/ or its members, staff, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents or assignees. Should I or my family members or any minor/child that I may be allowed to bring to the Volunteer Events require special medical treatment, prescriptions or hospital care during or after the Volunteer Events, I acknowledge that I am solely responsible for these expenses. In the event of sickness or Injury, I Grant Permission for Coupla Guys and Gals Give Back to provide or Call Emergency Personnel to Provide Medical Attention For Me or My Family, and/or For Any Minor/Child or Guest That I May Be Allowed to Bring to the Volunteer Events.
8. Use of Photographs/ Video. Any photographs, videos or audio recordings taken during the Volunteer’s Activities by Coupla Guys and Gals Give Back, staff, me, or others are considered property of Coupla Guys and Gals Give Back and may be used by Coupla Guys and Gals Give Back, without prior notice or limitation, credit, or reimbursement, in newsletters, social media networks, brochures, websites, e-newsletters and newspapers. I, on behalf of myself and any minor/child or guest that I may be allowed to bring to the Volunteer Events, give unrestricted permission and complete license to Coupla Guys and Gals Give Back to use these photographs, videos or audio recordings for media and hereby release and waive any right to any credit, copyright, trademark, or other right to compensation regarding these images, videos or audios. I hereby consent and waive all rights I may have to review or approve all changes, modifications or additions to the Photographs, videos or audio recording taken during the Volunteer Events, I hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless Coupla Guys and Gals Give Back his/her heirs, legal representatives, and assigns, its board of directors, and all persons acting under its permission or authority or those for whom it is acting, from any claims and liabilities, including claims for libel or violation of any right of publicity or privacy, arising from, related to or in connection with the production, use or publication of any photographs, videos, or audio recordings taken during the Volunteer Events.
9. Knowing and Voluntary Execution. I have carefully read this Waiver and Release From Liability and fully understand its content. I am aware that this is a complete release of liability that will also affect the rights of any minor/child or guest that I may be allowed to bring to the Volunteer Events, and verify my voluntary acknowledgment and participation at my own free will by checking the box below and/or becoming a member of the organization.
10. Right To Refuse. I acknowledge that the organization may reserve the right to refuse any individual from participating in volunteer activities at its sole discretion, including minor/child or guest that I wish to bring under my full responsibility to the organization’s events, without further notice and at any time.
11. Code of Conduct. I understand and acknowledge that the organization reserves the right to take all corresponding disciplinary actions up to expulsion in any case I may be involved with a violation of its code of conduct, including but not limited to predatory sexual conduct, actual or perceived at the sole discretion of the organization, these limitations include “unfair competition” tactics such as but not limited to: making false statements or spreading rumours about the organization, bad talking, trying to encourage another member to leave the organization or abstaining from partaking in any of the organization’s events or programs, trying to solicit or use information reasonably known by any member , or trying to use relationships established while working for the organization (members, volunteers, leaders, ambassadors, sponsors, partner organizations) for personal reasons or for those of another organization.
12. Miscellaneous. I agree not to directly or indirectly engage, hire or solicit for employment or volunteer any employees, leaders, donors, sponsors or volunteers of the Organization, or former employees, leaders, donors, sponsors or participants for a period of two (2) years after leaving the organization, without C3GB’s written consent. Additionally, I agree not to enter into any direct relationship with C3GB’s partner organizations, volunteers, leaders, donors, or vendors, or to enter into any agreement for the creation of the same or similar programs or business service models of C3GB with any third parties, or seek to cause the creation, for itself or for others, the program(s) or any similar business(s) to those of C3GB while working for us and for a period of two (2) years after leaving. I acknowledge that the Provisions of this Release shall remain in full force and effect even after the termination of the volunteer’s activities whether by agreement, operation of law or otherwise. I hereby expressly agree that this Release and Waiver of Liability is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the Laws of the State of Texas, and excluding that State’s choice of law principles, and all claims relating to or arising out of this release, or the breach thereof, whether sounding in contract, tort or otherwise, shall likewise be governed by the laws of the state of Texas, excluding that State’s choice-of-law principles. If any provision of this Release is held invalid or unenforceable by any competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions will continue to be fully effective.
I HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND WILLINGLY ENTERED INTO THIS WAIVER OF LIABILITY (“RELEASE”).
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT MY PARTICIPATION IN ANY ACTIVITY CONDUCTED BY, ON THE PREMISES OF, OR FOR THE BENEFIT, OF C3GB HAS CERTAIN INHERENT DANGERS AND POSES A RISK OF SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH.
I AGREE TO FOLLOW ANY INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN OR RULES ESTABLISHED BY C3GB OR ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS WITH REGARD TO MY PARTICIPATION IN ANY ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED BY, ON THE PREMISES OF, OR FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE ORGANIZATION.
I AM KNOWINGLY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVING ALL OF MY RIGHTS TO BRING LAWSUITS AND MAKE CLAIMS, INCLUDING LAWSUITS AND CLAIMS FOR NEGLIGENCE;
I HEREBY RELEASE CHANGE THROUGH COMPASSION, INC. D/B/A COUPLA GUYS AND GALS GIVE BACK AND AGREE TO HOLD CHANGE THROUGH COMPASSION, INC. D/B/A COUPLA GUYS AND GALS GIVE BACK AND THEIR MEMBERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND AFFILIATES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, INCLUDING ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE; AND,
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS “RELEASE” IS:
CLEAR, UNAMBIGUOUS AND UNEQUIVOCAL,
EXPLICIT AND VOLUNTARY IN MY WAIVER, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND
COMPREHENSIVE FOR ALL LAWSUITS, CLAIMS, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES.